Tourism sector in BiH has experienced a continuous growth in the number of visitors over the last years, with an increase in the number of overnight stays. It emerges as one of the leading sectors in BiH. However, many tourism potentials are still untapped and require improvements and stronger marketing. Additionally, better interconnection between available tourism products and services, as well as the inclusion of others, would complement, enrich and strengthen the existing tourism supply.
Competitiveness of the tourism sector has improved.
Specifically, the nature park stretches over three Bosnian and Herzegovinian municipalities and is in the close vicinity of other locations famous for its historical, cultural or religious tourism. On the one hand it provides an opportunity for the municipalities to cooperate and merge their efforts to enhance quality of their tourism supply, and on the other, inclusion of the Blidinje park in the tourism supply of the broader region would affect longer stays of tourists.
EU ProLocal supports the strengthening of this value chain by:
- Raising awareness on the environment measures, so called „Greening of the tourism value chain“;
- Improvement of cooperation and networking among entrepreneurs / stakeholders in the tourisam sector;
- Promotion of a market-oriented approach, for example, by support to the better understanding how to collect information about market trends, and how to target markets in a better way;
- Identification of the branding criteria for the Blidinje tourist site;
- Promotion of inclusion of farmer products into the Park’s tourism supply.